Sunday, November 1, 2009

plot point woo!

Tom is a miracle of plot. Anytime I have a dilemma, or don't know how something is going to work, or need some kind of dramatic thing - I just describe what's going on, he groans and rolls his eyes at how much he hates the topics of my writing, and then gives me some totally brilliant idea to run with.

I was trying to sort out how my character was going to discover the stories of the garden? Asked Tom about it, and he gave me the most BRILLIANT solution. Just enough actual cutting-edge physics to make it plausible, but still cutting-edge enough that I can adjust the actual effects to whatever the heck I need. And it'll work *perfectly* to do just the kind of Moberly-Jourdain thing I wanted.

...I have a bit of physics to go study, but not today. Today, I have to actually *start*. Since beginning a story is so hard, I'm just going to write whatever occurs to me first and go from there.

As soon as I name my main character. ^^;; Thank you Internet for your stacks of reference material - like lists of most popular baby names in any year of the last century. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
NaNo '09! - Free Blogger Templates - by Templates para novo blogger